Is your business on google maps? If it is not, you could be losing a lot of clients to your competitors. A google maps listing allows potential customers to view the location of your business, contact you and know the services or products on offer. Below is a guide on how to add your business on google maps and optimise your listing.
Adding Your Business on Google Maps
Your business could have a listing on Google maps. Therefore, search to know if the business exists on the platform. If it does, all you need to do is claim the listing. Log into your Google account and click on the "claim listing" tab. You can verify the listing through a postcard or phone call. Typically, you are required to enter a five-digit code from the postcard or automated phone call. Once Google confirms the code, you own the profile. Google can also allow you to claim the business through email or Google search console.
If your business does not exist on Google maps, log into Google maps using your google account and click the "add your business" tab at the top left corner. Google requires you to add the business name, category, address and other vital details such as the website, operating hours, phone number and a few photos.
Optimising Your Listing
Below are some tips to optimise your business listing on Google maps.
- The listing should include the front of your business. It ensures customers have an easy time locating your premises.
- You should insert correct business details. Customers will lose interest in your business if they cannot tell the operating hours or if the phone number is dysfunctional.
- Connect the Google maps listing to your Google My Business listing. Google My Business allows you to add more details, such as your product catalogue and the discounts you provide.
- Always respond to client reviews on your listing. For example, you could offer a refund to a client that claims that he or she received a faulty product or poor quality service.
- Regularly review your listing. For instance, you should update the location if you change the business premises. If you do not, Google could suspend the listing.
Adding your business on Google maps or creating a Google My Business listing is free. As such, you should take advantage of these resources to improve the online presence of your business. Positive ratings and reviews will improve your brand image and sales volume. For more assistance, contact companies who can help you improve your Google My Business listing.